Posted by Chantel Martiromo, Research article by Kyle J. Norton
During the last stage of the menstrual cycle, normally a layer of endometriosis lining on the inside of the uterus is expelled, known as menstruation blood, instead some of the endometriosis tissues grow somewhere in the body to cause endometriosis. Endometriosis also react to hormone signals of the monthly menstrual cycle, by building and breaking up tissues and eliminating them through menstrual period.
Massage is a very important form of treatment for women with menstrual pain(356). By applying the premix Ayurvedic oil on the abdominal region and gentle massage until the oil dips into the skin it is said to reduce muscle spasms. Daily massage is very important for opening the channels, stimulating the digestion, removing toxins from the body and strengthening the immune system.
Massage is the practice of soft tissue manipulation with physical, functional, and in some cases psychological purposes used by masseur specialists to treat muscle pain and aggravates period by manipulating the client's body with pressure tension, motion manually or mechanical aids(359) to release abdominal pain in case of endometriosis.
In endometriosis, by applying some drops essential oil to massage the abdominal region and gently massage until the oil is totally absorbed into the skin, is said to help to relieve the tension of abdominal muscle as well as reducing the contraction of uterine muscle causes of menstrual pain(356)(357). Most people use massage for relaxation(358), relief of stress(359), anxiety(361), and muscle soreness(359). Massage can also help the body to release natural painkillers(359) and boost the immune system(359).
Types of massage include:
1. Therapeutic massage(360)
Massage has been used in many cultures in the world for over 4,000 years. It is a manual manipulation of the body's soft tissue for the purpose of stimulating circulation of blood and muscular relaxation. In endometriosis, massage allows to relax uterine muscles(358) and improve circulation of Chi in the abdomen. It is said to reduce menstrual cramps(360), prevent heavy period blood flow, and boost the immune system(359) as well.
2. Relaxing massage(362)
This type of massage mostly used to relax overworked muscles for people working in physical labor. It also helps to relieve stress in the work place(359). Gently massaging yourself is completely difference than those performed by professional masseur, if performed incorrectly you could hurt yourself.
Chinese Secrets To Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal
Use The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve
Optimal Health And Loose Weight
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer
Back to Obesity's Complications http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/obesitys-complications.html
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(356) The effect of self-aromatherapy massage of the abdomen on the primary dysmenorrhoea by Sadeghi Aval Shahr H1, Saadat M, Kheirkhah M, Saadat E.(PubMed)
(357) Aromatherapy massage on the abdomen for alleviating menstrual pain in high school girls: a preliminary controlled clinical study by Hur MH1, Lee MS, Seong KY, Lee MK.(PubMed)
(35359) Effectiveness of home-based cupping massage compared to progressive muscle relaxation in patients with chronic neck pain--a randomized controlled trial by Lauche R1, Materdey S, Cramer H, Haller H, Stange R, Dobos G, Rampp T.(PubMed)
(4) Massage therapy research review. by Field T.(PubMed)
(360) Effect of aromatherapy massage on dysmenorrhea in Turkish students by Apay SE1, Arslan S, Akpinar RB, Celebioglu A.(PubMed)
(361) Effectiveness of therapeutic massage for generalized anxiety disorder: a randomized controlled trial by Sherman KJ1, Ludman EJ, Cook AJ, Hawkes RJ, Roy-Byrne PP, Bentley S, Brooks MZ, Cherkin DC.(PubMed)
(362) Aromatherapy: a systematic review by Cooke B1, Ernst E.(PubMed)