During the last stage of the menstrual cycle, normally a layer of endometriosis lining on the inside of the uterus is expelled, known as menstruation blood, instead some of the endometriosis tissues grow somewhere in the body to cause endometriosis. Endometriosis also react to hormone signals of the monthly menstrual cycle, by building and breaking up tissues and eliminating them through menstrual period.
If acupuncture involves using fine needles to treat endometriosis, acupressure is a system of applying pressure to the meridian points with the fingers(370).
Chinese practitioners believe that endometrial menstrual cramps are caused by qi and blood stagnation in related meridian points(373) in the abdomen, hands and legs, by applying pressure to these points will help to restore the balance of qi(374)as well as releasing the blood flow(374) at the abdominal regions so the body can heal itself.
In fact, before acupressure can start there are several questions which you may be asked in details such as your family history living style, and how long symptoms have persisted. All these question are to ensure that the correct meridian point and herbs which will be used form a foundation in your treatment. Each section may require about 30 -45 minutes, you may feel some pressure when the acupressure technique is applied to your body, otherwise it is pain free(371)(372).
Acupressure most of the time is used to treat symptoms of endometrial cramps due to blood stasis(375), qi stagnation(374), causes of phlegm and dampness. You may be given some herbs or Chinese herb tablets with you.
The treatment of endometrial cramps using acupressure technique may require at least 3 months to assure a good result. Please make sure you talk to your acupressure practitioner about the length of treatment. If this type of treatment is not covered under your insurance or Provincial health care plan, it may be costly.
Weight Loss the Easy Ways
Andrea Albright Featured on Health and Fitness Jan. 2015
will Personally Coach You How to Get There The Easy Way
If You Are Looking For a SoulMate
Celebrity Patti Stanger Will Coach You To Get Him/Her
and Keep Him/Her for Good,The Simple Way
10 - 20 years younger of your ageing forearms
The ingredient through clinical trial showed effectively in rejuvenated
90% aging forearms of age group 57 - 62.
Back to Tofu and 800+ healthy free recipehttp://thetruestoriesstories.blogspot.ca/p/soy-recipes.html
(370) Acupressure(From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
(371) Systematic review of randomized clinical trials of acupressure therapy for primary dysmenorrhea by Jiang HR1, Ni S, Li JL, Liu MM, Li J, Cui XJ, Zhang BM.(PubMed)
(372) Efficacy of auricular therapy for pain management: a systematic review and meta-analysis by Yeh CH1, Chiang YC2, Hoffman SL1, Liang Z1, Klem ML3, Tam WW4, Chien LC5, Suen LK6.(PubMed)
(373) Auricular acupressure for pain relief in adolescents with dysmenorrhea: a placebo-controlled study by Yeh ML1, Hung YL, Chen HH, Wang YJ.(PubMed)
(374) The effectiveness of acupressure on relieving pain: a systematic review by Chen YW1, Wang HH2.(PubMed)
(375) Changes in blood flow and cellular metabolism at a myofascial trigger point with trigger point release (ischemic compression): a proof-of-principle pilot study by Moraska AF1, Hickner RC, Kohrt WM, Brewer A.(PubMed)