Posted by Chantel M. research contributed by PubMed
There is growing interest in defining the dietary approaches for the
management of lipid disorders. This review focuses on dietary proteins.
According to the study by the University of Toronto, posted in PubMed, soy
protein was investigated the most, and many studies show that its
consumption reduces blood cholesterol. The role of other constituents
including isoflavones is debated.
Short-term studies are consistent in showing lipid-lowering properties
of whey proteins, attributed to their relative high content in branched
chain amino acids. A limited number of studies, the majority being on
animals, have shown hypocholesterolemic activities of fish proteins. The
benefits of dietary proteins remain to be confirmed in individuals with
lipid abnormalities, for formulation of optimal dietary alternatives
for the management of lipid disturbances.
Chinese Secrets to Fatty Liver and Obesity Reversal
For more information and health articles, please visit women's health http://thetruestoriesstories.blogspot.ca/
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Over 1200 Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne