Posted by Chantel M. Research contributed by the US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health
The prevalence of childbearing age obesity is wide spreading in US,
approximately, 50% of them are either overweight [body mass index (BMI)
25-29.9 kg/m(2)] or obese (BMI ≥ 30 kg/m(2)).
Obesity and Anovulatory disorders
Anovulatory disorders are a primary cause of female infertility.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome is the major cause of anovulation and is
generally associated with obesity. According to the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, posted in PubMed, lifestyle changes to encourage weight loss are the initial therapy for
overweight and obese patients, followed by clomiphene citrate for ovulation
induction. For those patients who fail to ovulate on clomiphene
citrate, alternatives, such as letrozole; gonadotropins; and
complimentary agents to enhance clomiphene citrate, such as metformin
Chinese Secrets to Fatty Liver and Obesity Reversal
For more information and health articles, please visit women's health http://thetruestoriesstories.blogspot.ca/
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne