Urinary incontinence, a medical, psychological, social, economic, and hygienic problem, is a condition of loss of the bladder to control that can lead to mild or severe form of involuntary leakage of urine.
Involuntary urine leakage or urinary incontinence is frequent among elderly women, adult women, even among adolescent women.
According to the statistics provided by the Phoenix Physical Therapy, approximately 25 million adult Americans are living with some form of urinary incontinence in which 75-80% are women.
Believe it or not, about 17% of women and 16% men over 18 years old have overactive bladder(OAB) and an estimated 12.2 million adults have urge incontinence.
All types of urinary incontinence have been found to have a negative impact on the quality of life and daily activity.
Epidemiologically, symptoms of urinary incontinence depending on the types of conditions, including
* Stress incontinence
Stress urinary incontinence (SUI) has a significant impact on the quality of life for many women with symptoms of leakage of urine during physical activity, such as coughing, sneezing, laughing, exercising, due to weakening the sphincter pelvic muscles, supporting the bladder and urethra.
* Urge incontinence
Urge incontinence, also known as overactive bladder, is a condition of involuntary loss of urine and intense urge to urine due to bladder spasms or contractions with no apparent reasons.
Urge incontinence is also called overactive bladder.
* Overflow incontinence
Overflow incontinence is a condition of bladder inability to empty completely and the normal flow of urine is blocked that can lead to constantly urine dribbling.
* Mixed incontinence
Mixed incontinence is a condition of a combination of stress incontinence and urgency incontinence.
* Functional incontinence
Functional incontinence is a condition characterized by functioning difficulty that prevent one from urine normally as a result of mental or physical disabilities.
* Total incontinence
Total incontinence is a condition of a total loss of urine control due to certain conditions such as bladder fistula, injury to the urethra, and ectopic ureter.
Cranberry is an evergreen dwarf shrub, genus Vaccinium, belongings to the family Ericaceae, native to Northern America and Southern Asia. Because of its health benefits, cranberry has been cultivated in some parts of the world for commercial profit.
On finding a potential compound for the treatment of urinary tract infection, researchers examined the effect of the efficacy of a concentrated cranberry liquid blend, UTI-STAT with Proantinox, in female patients with a history of recurrent urinary tract infections (rUTIs).
The study included the oral administration of 15, 30, 45, 60, and 75 mL daily for 12 weeks to 28 women with a history of rUTIs <6 months. Only 23 women completed the study
According to the experimental results,
* The maximally tolerated dose of UTI-STAT was 75 mL/d, compared to the recommended dose of 60 mL/d.
* Only 2 (9.1%) out of 23 women report an rUTI, a markedly better rate than the historical data.
* Furthermore, at 12 weeks, the reduction in worry about rUTIs and increased QOL was a significant increase in the tested subjects measured by the Medical Outcomes Study short-form 36-item questionnaire.
* Moreover, the improvement of QOL was also confirmed by the lower American Urological Association Symptom Index.
* The cranberry liquid blend used in the study showed a good safety profile and tolerability in both pre- and postmenopausal women with a history of rUTIs.
Based on the findings, researchers said, "The secondary endpoints demonstrated its effectiveness in reducing the incidence of rUTI and increasing QOL".
Taken altogether, cranberry liquid blend, UTI-STAT with Proantinox, may be considered a remedy for the prevention and treatment of UTIs and rUTIs, pending to the confirmation of the larger sample size and multicenter human study.
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Novel concentrated cranberry liquid blend, UTI-STAT with Proantinox, might help prevent recurrent urinary tract infections in women by Efros M1, Bromberg W, Cossu L, Nakeleski E, Katz AE. (PubMed)
(2) Can a concentrated cranberry extract prevent recurrent urinary tract infections in women? A pilot study by Bailey DT1, Dalton C, Joseph Daugherty F, Tempesta MS. (PubMed)
(3) Urinary Incontinence - The Symptoms by Kyle J. Norton
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne