Yoga may be used as a form of therapeutic exercise in reduced risk and symptoms of fibromyalgia, the study by the Oregon Health & Science University suggested.
According to the American College of Rheumatology 1990 criteria for the Classification of Fibromyalgia are
(1) Widespread pain in combination with
(2) Tenderness at 11 or more of the 18 specific tender point sites(a) as a result in responding to pressure.
Yoga, the ancient technique practice for harmonized external and internal body well being, through breath control, meditation, bodily movement, and gesture..... has been well known for people in the Western world and some parts in Asia due to health benefits reported by various respectable institutes' research and supported by health advocates.
A study in comparison of post-treatment data with 3-month follow-up data, from a per-protocol sample of 21 fibromyalgia women in the immediate treatment group who had completed yoga treatment and 18 women in the wait-list group who had also completed treatment, researchers found that
1. Yoga group displayed significant and positive post-treatment results compared to the wait-list group.
2. Both groups experienced similar improved results of 31.9% according to Fibromyalgia Impact Questionnaire-Revised (FIQR) assay
3. After adjusting to other risk factors, 3 months follow-up results showed all patients sustained most of their post-treatment gains, with the FIQR Total Score of 21.9% improvement.
Dr. Carson JW, the led author said, "Yoga practice rates were good, and more practice was associated with more benefit for a variety of outcomes".
More importantly, in the screened Clinicaltrials.Gov, Cochrane Library, PsycINFO, PubMed and Scopus (through December 2010) and the reference sections of original studies for meditative movement therapies (MMT) in FMS, researchers at the University of Duisburg-Essen indicated that
1. Yoga attendees benefit from many aspects of yoga lessons, particularly in pain, fatigue, depression, and HRQOL
2. Yoga groups expressed fewer sleep disturbances and this effect has a maintained range of a median of 4.5 months.compared to control
3. The participants Drop out rate because of adverse events was 3.1%.
4. No serious adverse events were reported in the yoga group.
Taking all together, yoga may be used as an integrated form of exercise in conjunction with standard care or alone to reduced symptoms of patients with fibromyalgia
For More information on yoga lessons tailor to a complete well being for women, please visit: YOGA BURN
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Follow-up of yoga of awareness for fibromyalgia: results at 3 months and replication in the wait-list group by Carson JW1, Carson KM, Jones KD, Mist SD, Bennett RM.(PubMed)
(2) An eight-week yoga intervention is associated with improvements in pain, psychological functioning and mindfulness, and changes in cortisol levels in women with fibromyalgia by Curtis K1, Osadchuk A, Katz J.(PubMed)
(3) Efficacy and safety of meditative movement therapies in fibromyalgia syndrome: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials by Langhorst J1, Klose P, Dobos GJ, Bernardy K, Häuser W.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne