Yoga therapy may be considered as a secondary intervention combined with standard application in improved labor pain and delivery outcome and reduced risk of pregnancy complication.
Yoga, the accident technique practice for harmonized external and internal body well being, through breath control, meditation, bodily movement, and gesture..... has been well known for people in the Western world and some parts in Asia due to health benefits reported by various respectable institutes and supported by health advocates.
In a randomized control trial conducted with sixty primiparous women, aged 18-35 years old, randomly assigned to either an antenatal yoga program consisted of a 1-h supervised yoga class, three times a weekly, starting at 26 weeks gestation or control groups, researchers after taking into account of risk factors found that at the delivery stage
1. Yoga group experienced less intensive pain, and at 2 h after the first and the second measurements in compared to control
2. Natural delivery was found more in the yoga intervention group in compared to more percentage of cesarean section in the control
3. The yoga group also demonstrated the decreased frequency of labor induction
4. And a shorter duration of the second and third stages of labor
With all information collected, Dr. Jahdi F, the led author said, "Yoga during pregnancy may contribute to a reduction pain of labor and improved adequacy of childbirth".
Another study in support to the above analysis, conducted by the Prince of Songkla University, in examining the effects of a yoga program involved six, 1-h sessions at prescribed weeks of gestation during pregnancy, on maternal comfort, labor pain, and birth outcomes. also suggested that
1. Yoga group expressed higher levels of maternal comfort during labor and 2h post-labor and
2. Less labor pain
3. Although both groups experienced the same pain increased and maternal comfort at the beginning, the yoga group showed a decreased pain and discomfort as labor progressed
4. Lastly, women in yoga class had a shorter duration of the first stage of labor and a total time of labor.
More importantly, In a total of 335 women between 18 and 20 weeks of pregnancy, attending the antenatal clinic at Gunasheela Surgical and Maternity Hospital in Bangalore, India, enrolled in a prospective, matched, observational study with 169 women in the yoga group and 166 women in the control group, researchers emphasized that women participated in yoga lesson illustrated fewer complications such as preterm labor, isolated intrauterine growth retardation and pregnancy-induced hypertension at the day of delivery in comparison to those in control.
Taking all together, yoga intervention not only improved labor pain and delivery outcome but also reduced risk pregnant complications, therefore yoga may be recommended to pregnant women as a preventive measurement, particularly in high-risk groups.
For More information on yoga lessons tailor to a complete well being for women, please visit: YOGA BURN
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Yoga during pregnancy: The effects on labor pain and delivery outcomes (A randomized controlled trial). by Jahdi F1, Sheikhan F2, Haghani H3, Sharifi B4, Ghaseminejad A5, Khodarahmian M6, Rouhana N7.(PubMed)
(2) Yoga during pregnancy: effects on maternal comfort, labor pain and birth outcomes. by Chuntharapat S1, Petpichetchian W, Hatthakit U.(PubMed)
(3) Efficacy of yoga on pregnancy outcome by Narendran S1, Nagarathna R, Narendran V, Gunasheela S, Nagendra HR.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne