Intestinal microbiome is the community of bacteria living in the gut. Under normal conditions, the ratio of good and bad microbiomes are balanced.
Believe it or not, our GI-tract harbors one of the most complex and abundant ecosystems colonized by more than 100 trillion microorganisms, including Firmicutes and Bacteroidetes.
The composition and functions of the microbiome also have been found to influence by a number of factors including genetics, diet, age, and medical treatments such as antibiotics.
Epidemiological studies suggested that unbalanced of the ratio of bacterias in the GI tract due to the aforementioned factors also induce changes in microbiome structure, that links to inflammatory, functional and metabolic disorders such as IBD, IBS, and obesity.
Dr. Ana M Valdes, the lead scientist in the examined the health benefits associated with intestinal microbiome suggested that gut microbes have a strong effect on human health including immune, metabolic and neurobehavioral traits.
More precisely, the intestinal microbiomes
* Interact with the immune function against inflammatory immune disorders.
* Reduce the risk of gastrointestinal diseases and non-gastrointestinal diseases caused by overexpression of bad bacteria.
* Increase nutrient absorption from the diet, thus reducing the risk of obesity and obese complications.
* Control brain insulin signaling and metabolite levels against neurobehaviors.
Tomato is red, edible fruit, genus Solanum, belonging to family Solanaceae, native to South America. Because of its health benefits, the tomato is grown worldwide for the commercial purpose
and often in the greenhouse.
With an aim to discover healthy food for the treatment of intestinal microbiome imbalance, researchers investigated the possibility of a dietary-induced switch to the gut microbiota composition.
The study included Winnie mice induced ulcerative colitis by treatment of chow enriched with 1% Bronze tomato.
According to the tested results, Bronze-enriched chow showed no macroscopic effect on the IBD symptoms after 2 weeks of administration. However, injection of bronze tomato exerted a significant effect in the production of anti-inflammatory cytokines and reduced levels of pro-inflammatory production in the same periods in ulcerative colitis mice.
Furthermore, the analysis of the microbial composition suggested that Bronze enriched diet demonstrated a strong effect on the microbial composition of Winnie and control mice by increasing levels of good bacteria in the gut.
According to the chemical analysis, the effect bronze tomato in improving the ratio of intestinal microbiome composition was attributed to the polyphenol-enriched diets in creating unfavorable conditions for bad bacterial species.
Another study conducted by the University of Arkansas at Little Rock to examined the effect of tomato fruits derived from plants exposed to multi-walled carbon nanotubes (CNTs) on gastrointestinal epithelial barrier integrity and their impact on the human commensal intestinal microbiota, in vitro cell culture and batch human fecal suspension models also suggested that
* At 0.001 μg ml-1 concentration, CNT-containing fruits showed insignificantly activity on the model T-84 human intestinal epithelial cells.
* However, at 10 μg ml-1 concentration, CNTs showed a strong effect in penetrating the cell membrane and change the gene expression profile of exposed tested cells.
Taken altogether, tomato processed multi-walled carbon nanotubes (CNTs) may be considered a dietary supplements for balancing the ratio of intestinal microbiota, pending to large sample size and multicenter human study.
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) A Bronze-Tomato Enriched Diet Affects the Intestinal Microbiome under Homeostatic and Inflammatory Conditions by Liso M1, De Santis S2, Scarano A3, Verna G4, Dicarlo M5, Galleggiante V6, Campiglia P7, Mastronardi M8, Lippolis A9, Vacca M10, Sobolewski A11, Serino G12, Butelli E13, De Angelis M14, Martin C15, Santino A16, Chieppa M. (PubMed)
(2) The impact of tomato fruits containing multi-walled carbon nanotube residues on human intestinal epithelial cell barrier function and intestinal microbiome composition by Lahiani MH 1, Khare S, Cerniglia CE, Boy R, Ivanov IN, Khodakovskaya M. (PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne