Yoga therapy may have a therapeutic effect on reduced symptoms and improved quality of life in a patient with multiple sclerosis.
Multiple sclerosis is a chronic condition of progressive disease affecting sheaths of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord, with declining physical, emotional, and psychological symptoms such as numbness, impairment of speech and of muscular coordination, blurred vision, ........
Yoga, the ancient technique practice for harmonized external and internal body well being, through breath control, meditation, bodily movement, and gesture..... has been well known for people in the Western world and some parts in Asia due to health benefits reported by various respectable institutes' research and supported by health advocates.
According to the study conducted by Oregon State University, yoga practice may be used as an integrated form of treatment and management of symptoms of MS.
Dr. Rogers KA, the led author said, "the purpose of this paper is to summarize the most relevant literature on exercise and mind-body modalities to treat MS symptoms and, more specifically, the benefits and the potential role of yoga as an alternative treatment of symptom management for individuals with MS".
Interestingly, in a study of a total of 60 Iranian women with multiple sclerosis (MS) placed in two equally divided control and case groups through the random selection to assess pre-and post-effects of yoga exercises on their physical activities and sexual satisfaction levels, researchers, through observation of returned questionnaire suggested that
1. Women participated in yoga training and exercises for 3 months, expressed a significant statistical difference in physical activity
2. Sexual satisfaction levels
3. Women in yoga group displayed improvement in physical ability.
Contrastively, in the searching of database from Medline/PubMed, Scopus, the Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials, PsycINFO, CAM-Quest, CAMbase, and IndMED through March 2014, for studies involved the efficacy and safety of yoga in patients with multiple sclerosis including health-related quality of life, fatigue, and/or mobility with mood, cognitive function, and safety were defined as secondary outcome measures, researchers at the University of Duisburg-Essen reported the following result, in 7 studies met the criteria and guidelines
1. Patients participated in yoga class short terms demonstrated a significantly improved effect in fatigue and mood change.
2. Short term yoga innervation do not improve health-related quality of life, muscle function, or cognitive function
3. Yoga therapy is safe and was not associated with a serious adverse event in this group of patients
After taking into account of other risk factors, Dr. Cramer H, the led author said, " since no methodological sound evidence was found, no recommendation can be made regarding yoga as a routine intervention for patients with multiple sclerosis. Yoga might be considered a treatment option for patients who are not adherent to recommended exercise regimens".
The information collected did not agree that yoga intervention short term can improve some symptoms and quality of life in patients with MS, therefore, a large sample size and cohort studies are necessary to clarify these contradictory results.
For More information on yoga lessons tailor to a complete well being for women, please visit: YOGA BURN
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Yoga effects on physical activity and sexual satisfaction among the Iranian women with multiple sclerosis: a randomized controlled trial by Najafidoulatabad S1, Mohebbi Z2, Nooryan K3.(PubMed)
(2) Therapeutic Yoga: Symptom Management for Multiple Sclerosis by Rogers KA1, MacDonald M1.(PubMed)
(3) Yoga for multiple sclerosis: a systematic review and meta-analysis by Cramer H1, Lauche R1, Azizi H2, Dobos G1, Langhorst J1.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne