Yoga may be considered as an adjunct therapy combined with standard treatment for lower risk and treatment of eating disorders (EDs), a review study suggested.
Eating Disorders are a group of abnormal eating habits associated with a person preoccupation weight, involving either insufficient or excessive food intake.
Yoga therapy is an ancient practical technique of India, included breath control, meditation, bodily movement, and gesture,..... with an aim to achieve harmonization of the body, mind, and spirit.
In systematic review literature used yoga for preventing and treating EDs with a selection of 14 articles satisfied the guidelines, researchers found that most yoga practitioners indicated a decreased risk for eating disorder but symptoms were reduced or unchanged after yoga interventions.
Other, in the assessment of the effect of individualized yoga treatment on eating disorder outcomes among adolescents receiving outpatient care for diagnosed eating disorders (anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, eating disorder not otherwise specified) of 50 girls and 4 boys aged 11-21 years randomized to an 8-week trial of standard care vs. individualized yoga plus standard care, researchers filed the following results
1. Yoga participants demonstrated greater decreases in eating disorder symptoms, according to Eating Disorder Examination(EDE)
2. Both groups maintained current BMI levels and decreased anxiety and depression over time.
3. Eating Disorder Examination(EDE) was back to baseline after the 12 weekly lessons.
Dr. Carei TR, the led author said, "Individualized yoga treatment decreased EDE scores at 12 weeks, and significantly reduced food preoccupation immediately after yoga sessions". In other words, long term yoga participation may be more effective in the treatment of an eating disorder.
Additionally, in the testing, the effects of yoga in decreasing risk factors, and increasing protective factors, for eating disorders, even with inconsistent results across studies researchers found that
1. Yoga lesson was a low-cost treatment program
2. Yoga may offer promise for the field of eating disorders, including
* Eating disorder prevention can be integrated into ongoing yoga classes
* Yoga can be integrated into an eating disorder prevention program with patients already in standard care
Dr. Neumark-Sztainer D said, "Regarding treatment, it is important to examine the effectiveness of different teaching styles and practices for different eating disorders".
Taking all together, there is no doubt that yoga as a low cost program may have a profound and positive effect in reduced risk and treatment of the eating disorder. Unfortunately, most studies observed have weaknesses in their designs (e.g. observational design, no control groups, or small sample sizes) and not consistent across studies, further studies, using stronger study designs, such as randomized, controlled trials, are needed.
For More information on yoga lessons tailor to a complete well being for women, please visit: YOGA BURN
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) The effects of yoga on eating disorder symptoms and correlates: a review BY Klein J1, Cook-Cottone C.(PubMed)
(2) Randomized controlled clinical trial of yoga in the treatment of eating disorders by Carei TR1, Fyfe-Johnson AL, Breuner CC, Brown MA.(PubMed)
(3) Yoga and eating disorders: is there a place for yoga in the prevention and treatment of eating disorders and disordered eating behaviours? by Neumark-Sztainer D1(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Over 1300 Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne