Yoga practicing may heave a positive and profound impact in reduced symptoms of autism, epidemiological studies suggested.
Autism is one of the most common forms of brain development disorder affecting one in 166 children every year in the US alone. Children diagnosed with autism tend to have a weak immune system and autoimmune problems.
Yoga, the ancient technique practiced for harmonized external and internal body well being, through breath control, meditation, bodily movement, and gesture..... has been well known for people in the Western world and some parts in Asia due to health benefits reported by various respectable institutes' research and supported by health advocates.
In the study using experimental pretest-posttest control group design, to investigate the effectiveness of the Get Ready to Learn (GRTL) classroom yoga program among children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) with the intervention group received the manualized yoga program daily for 16 wk, and the control group engaged in their standard morning routine, researchers found that yoga group expressed significant decreases in teacher ratings of maladaptive behavior, as measured with the Aberrant Behavior Checklist, in compared to the control group.
After taking account of other confounders, Dr. Koenig KP, the led author suggested that yoga intervention may have a therapeutic role in ameliorated classroom behaviors in children with Autism.
Other researchers in examine the relaxation effect of yoga in children with an autism spectrum disorder(ASD) conducted a study of 24 children aged 3-16 years with a diagnosis of an ASD assigned to an 8-week multimodal yoga, dance, and music therapy program based on the relaxation response (RR), filed the following result
1. Children attended yoga exercise with age of 5-12-year-old children demonstrated a strong change according to Behavioral Assessment System for Children, Second Edition (BASC-2)
2, After completed the class, all children, unexpectedly displayed an enormous change in core features of autism measured by the Atypicality scale of the BASC-2.
With the finding information, researchers suggested that movement-based involving yoga and dance may be used as an adjunct intervention in modified RR behavior, for treating behavioral and some core features of autism, particularly for latency-age children.
Interestingly, in support of the above differentiation, researchers at the Ohio State University Medical Center in the searching of the published article and studies, 23 studies and 9 work-, 11 ADL/IADL satisfied the criteria and guideline selected indicated that daily yoga therapy combined with brief exercise may be sued as a secondary integrated form of intervention to improve classroom performance and behavior and physical activities.
Taking all together, there is no doubt that yoga intervention may benefit children of autism in both psychological and physical aspects, including work, activities of daily living (ADLs)
For More information on yoga lessons tailor to a complete well being for women, please visit: YOGA BURN
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How-To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Efficacy of the Get Ready to Learn yoga program among children with autismspectrum disorders: a pretest-posttest control group design by Koenig KP1, Buckley-Reen A, Garg S(PubMed).
(2) Relaxation response-based yoga improves functioning in young children with autism: a pilot study by Rosenblatt LE1, Gorantla S, Torres JA, Yarmush RS, Rao S, Park ER, Denninger JW, Benson H, Fricchione GL, Bernstein B, Levine(PubMed)
(3) Effectiveness of Work, Activities of Daily Living, Education, and Sleep Interventions for People With Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Systematic Review by Weaver LL1.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne