Children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder usually have behavior and learning disabilities with (six or more) symptoms in the hyperactivity-impulsive categories.
Yoga, the ancient technique for harmonized external and internal body well beings, through breath control, meditation, bodily movement, and gesture..... has been well known for people in the Western world and some parts in Asia due to health benefits reported by various respectable institutes' research and supported by health advocates.
In the study to investigate whether a yoga exercise intervention influenced the sustained attention and discrimination function in children with ADHD, 49 participants (mean age = 10.50 years) selected and assigned to either a yoga exercise or a control group, researchers after taking into account of other risk factors suggested that children in yoga group demonstrated significant improvements in accuracy rate and reaction time of both Visual Pursuit Test and Determination Test over time in compared to the control group.
The astonishing findings in the study indicated that yoga therapy as alternative treatment can be complementary to behavioral interventions for children with attention and inhibition problems.
Furthermore, Dr. Chien-Chih Chou, the led author also opinionated, "Schools and parents of children with ADHD should consider alternatives for maximizing the opportunities that children with ADHD can engage in structured yoga exercises".
More importantly, in the testing the effects of yoga as a complementary therapy in children with moderate to severe ADHD included children between 5 and 16 years of age diagnosed with ADHD and co-operative for yoga training daily during their in-patient stay, researchers found that children attended yoga class expressed a significant improvement in the ADHD symptoms assessed by Conners' abbreviated rating scale - (CARS) and (P-0.014), ADHD-rating scale-IV (ADHD - RS IV) and clinical global impression (CGI)-Severity at the beginning of study, at discharge and subsequently.
In support of the above differentiation, researchers conducted a study of boys diagnosed with ADHD by specialist pediatricians and stabilized on medication, randomly assigned to a 20-session yoga group (n = 11) or a control group (cooperative activities; n = 8) with assessed pre- and post-intervention on the Conners' Parent and Teacher Rating Scales-Revised: Long (CPRS-R:L & CTRS-R:L; Conners, 1997), the Test of Variables of Attention (TOVA; Greenberg, Corman, & Kindschi, 1997), and the Motion Logger Actigraph, and filed the following reports in compared to control
1. Children in yoga group expressed a positive change from pre- to post-test on the Conners' Teacher Rating Scales (CTRS) associated with the number of sessions attended on the DSM-IV Hyperactive-Impulsive subscale and with a trend on DSM-IV Inattentive subscale.
2. Yoga group engaged in more home practice showed a significant improvement on TOVA Response Time Variability with a trend on the ADHD score,
3. And, greater improvements on the CTRS Global Emotional Lability subscale
Dr. the led author after taking into account of other confounders said, " yoga may have merit as a complementary treatment for boys with ADHD already stabilized on medication, particularly for its evening effect when medication effects are absent" and "Yoga remains an investigational treatment, but this study supports further research into its possible uses for this population".
Taking all together, yoga as a complementary treatment may be used as an adjunct therapy in combined with standard treatment in improved symptoms of children with attention deficit disorder.
For More information on yoga lessons tailor to a complete well being for women, please visit: YOGA BURN
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How-To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Effects of an 8-week yoga program on sustained attention and discrimination function in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder by Chou CC1, Huang CJ1.(PubMed)
(2) Feasibility and efficacy of yoga as an add-on intervention in attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder: An exploratory study by Hariprasad VR1, Arasappa R, Varambally S, Srinath S, Gangadhar BN.(PubMed)
(3) The effects of yoga on the attention and behavior of boys with Attention-Deficit/ hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) by Jensen PS1, Kenny DT.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Over 1300 Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne