- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal
Sunday, July 14, 2019
Yoga, an Adjunct Intervention In Treatment of Alcoholism
Scientists may have found an integrated form of exercise used combined with standard treatment in alcoholism, a joint study led by the Section of Epidemiology and Public Health Intervention Research (EPHIR), postulated.
Yoga, the ancient technique practiced for harmonized external and internal body well being, through breath control, meditation, bodily movement, and gesture..... has been well known for people in the Western world and some parts in Asia due to health benefits reported by various respectable institutes' research and supported by health advocates.
In a study to examine 18 alcohol-dependent patients randomized received either treatment as usual or treatment as usual plus yoga has taken at baseline with six months follow-up for testing the effect of yoga therapy in reduced alcohol dependent, researchers filed the following results, after 10 weeks
1. Yoga was found to be a feasible and well-accepted adjunct treatment for alcohol dependence
2. Yoga + conventional treatment showed a reduction in alcohol consumption from 6.32 to 3.36 drinks per day compared to another group
After taking account to other risk factors, researchers said, "Larger studies are needed to adequately assess the efficacy and long-term effectiveness of yoga as an adjunct treatment for alcohol dependence".
Other, in the study to evaluate the effect of a yoga intervention on alcohol and drug abuse behaviors in women with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) through analyzed data from a pilot randomized controlled trial in comparing a 12-session yoga intervention and control of women age 18 to 65 years with PTSD, researchers found that
1. Yoga intervention at the end of the period expressed a significantly lower mean score of Alcohol Use Disorder Identification Test (AUDIT) in compared to control
2. The yoga group also demonstrated a reduction in symptoms and improved symptom management. in most participants
3. Yoga participants expressed interesting in psychological treatment
The findings suggested that yoga may play a role in attenuating the symptoms of PTSD, reducing risk of alcohol dependence and promoting interest in evidence-based psychotherapy.
More importantly, in the reviews the philosophical origins, current scientific evidence, and clinical promise of yoga and mindfulness as complementary therapies for addiction, researchers at the joint study led by the Manipal University, said, " theoretical models suggest that the skills, insights, and self-awareness learned through yoga and mindfulness practice can target multiple psychological, neural, physiological, and behavioral processes implicated in addiction and relapse".
Further analysis, researchers concerned, "the clinical effectiveness and hypothesized mechanisms of action underlying mindfulness-based interventions for treating addiction" and "..very few studies have been conducted on the specific role of yoga in treating or preventing addiction".
Taking all together, yoga intervention may play an important role used in conjunction with standard therapy in treating alcoholism.
For More information on yoga lessons tailor to a complete well being for women, please visit: YOGA BURN
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1)Yoga as an adjunct treatment for alcohol dependence: a pilot study by Hallgren M1, Romberg K2, Bakshi AS3, Andréasson S4.(PubMed)
(2) The effect of a yoga intervention on alcohol and drug abuse risk in veteran and civilian women with posttraumatic stress disorder by Reddy S1, Dick AM, Gerber MR, Mitchell K.(PubMed)
(3) A narrative review of yoga and mindfulness as complementary therapies for addiction by Khanna S1, Greeson JM.(PubMed)
Posted by Chantel at 6:35 AM