Gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD, is a condition of digestive disorder affecting the lower esophageal sphincter (LES), the ring of muscle between the esophagus and stomach with symptoms of heartburn or acid indigestion.
Yoga, the ancient technique for harmonized external and internal body well beings, through breath control, meditation, bodily movement, and gesture..... has been best known for people in the Western world and some parts in Asia due to health benefits reported by various respectable institutes' research and supported by health advocates.
In the study to compared the efficacy of yoga intervention and frequent consumption of over-the-counter or prescribed proton pump inhibitors (PPI), researchers filed the following results
1. PPIs and other over counter medicine are insufficient to relieve the symptoms of gastric reflux.
The combination of yoga intervention and medicine expressed a significant reduction of the severe symptoms of GERD, including bloody stools or bloody vomiting, dysphagia in the ameliorated sensation of food being stuck in your throat. and prevented nausea.
2. The combined treatment also showed a strong effect in avoid or delay the necessity of invasive procedures
Proton pump inhibitors are a class of drugs used in conventional medicine in reduced gastric acid production with pronounced and long-lasting effects
Based on the finding information, Dr.Kaswala D, the led author said, " regular practice of Kapalbhati and Agnisar kriya along with PPI, patients with hiatal hernia had an improvement in severe symptoms of GERD, which were initially refractory to PPI alone".
Kapalbhati and Agnisar kriya, are exercises in yoga lessons with an aim to in increased digestive system and metabolism.
Hiatal hernia is an abnormality of the stomach in induced acid backs up into the esophagus, causing acid reflux or gastroesophageal reflux (GERD). In most cases, surgery is necessary, if patients do not a response to heartburn and acid reflux.medication.
Additionally, in a case study of a 14-y-old girl who had two surgeries for gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD) and continued with chest and abdominal pain, as well as vomiting, difficulty eating, weight loss, and anxiety assigned to 4 months of Iyengar yoga, researchers at the University of California after taking into account of her symptoms which had not been improved with treatments by specialists over an extended period of time, found that
1. Yoga intervention expressed a significant improvement of the chest and abdominal pain, and vomiting, difficulty eating, weight loss, and anxiety.
2. Yoga participated in improved school attendance, sleep, socialize, or eat, and physical functioning
3. After 4-mo treatment of Iyengar yoga, patient have resumed activities and re-engage with her environment
Iyengar, a form of Hatha Yoga emphasized on detail, precision, and alignment in the performance of posture (asana) and breath control (pranayama), according to some yoga instructors, the practice has a pronounced effect in the reduced system of digestive disorder and promoted energy restoring.
Dr. Evans S., the led author said, "(The purpose of this report is) to stimulate the scientific study of this form of treatment for children and adolescents with chronic pain".
There was a report that Iyengar yoga restorative poses with gentle strength-building poses have slowly increased symptoms of GERD of an adolescent girl.
Mrs. Beth Sternlieb, a yoga instructor at the UCLA Pediatric Pain Clinics suggested that Iyengar yoga lessons implication not only reduced intake of medication but also improved her medical complications after medication withdrawal.
Taking all together, there is no doubt that yoga may be used as an integrated form of physical exercise in reduced symptoms and treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease.
For More information about yoga lessons tailor to a complete well being for women, please visit: YOGA BURN
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Can yoga be used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease? by Kaswala D1, Shah S, Mishra A, Patel H, Patel N, Sangwan P, Chodos A, Brelvi Z.(PubMed)
(2) Iyengar yoga and the use of props for pediatric chronic pain: a case study by Evans S1, Sternlieb B, Zeltzer L, Tsao J.(PubMed)
(3) IYENGAR YOGA INSTITUTE OF SAN FRANCISCO
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Over 1200 Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne