Yoga as an integrated form of exercise may be used for the treatment of panic and anxiety disorder in combined with standard treatment, epidemiological studies suggested.
Panic and anxiety disorder is a mental condition characterized by recurrent unexpected panic attacks. of sudden periods of intense fear-inducing palpitations, sweating, shaking, shortness of breath, numbness, or a feeling that something really bad is going to happen.
Yoga, the ancient technique practice for harmonized external and internal body well beings, through breath control, meditation, bodily movement, and gesture..... has been best known for people in the Western world and some parts in Asia due to health benefits reported by various respectable institutes' research and supported by health advocates.
In the study of total of 20 subjects diagnosed with panic disorder, randomly assigned to both experimental groups: Group 1 (G1-Yoga: 10 subjects) attended yoga classes and Group 2 (G2-CBT + Yoga: 10 subjects) participated in a combined intervention of yoga practice followed by a cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) session, researchers filed the following results
1. Both groups displayed a statistical analysis in the reduction of anxiety levels associated with panic disorder, panic-related beliefs, and panic-related body sensations
2. The combination of yoga and CBT (G2) showed a better reduction in all observed parameters in compared to only yoga group.
Cognitive-behavioral therapy is a psychological method of treatment to eliminate the conception of negative patterns of thought about the self and the world, particularly in patients with depression.
Dr. Vorkapic CF, the lead author, after taking into account other con-founders said, "... improvements in different mental health parameters after the practice of contemplative techniques alone or combined to psychotherapy" and "(Understanding) joining psychological and physiological variables could help better elucidate the mechanisms through which mind-body practices work to improve mental health".
Indeed, yoga improved psychological and physiological variables of patients with Panic and Anxiety Disorder may be attributed to the increased level of gamma-aminobutyric acid, or GABA, a chemical in the brain is regulated nerve activity. Thus reducing psychological aspects in related mood and anxiety disorders.
According to the Emory University, gamma-aminobutyric acid can be considered as the neural basis of fear acquisition, the mechanisms of fear inhibition or suppression
Other, in the review of literature published on quality of life in panic disorder from 1980 to 2010 on database of MEDLINE, PsycINFO, and PubMed, indicated that yoga intervention in combination of standard treatment may ameliorate substantial quality of life impairments in panic disorder, improve mental and physical health.....and be used as post-treatment in enhanced quality of life (QOL) in these group of patients.
Dr. Davidoff J, the lead author went even further to suggest, " understand the nature of comorbidities in panic disorder (PD) as well as to determine whether additional interventions that have been studied in other psychiatric disorders, such as exercise, meditation, yoga, humor, massage, and nutritional supplements, can be utilized to improve QOL in PD to normal community levels.
Interestingly, in the reviewed literature published on PubMed in English up to December 2012 to evaluate the effect of complementary and alternative therapies in panic and anxiety disorder, researchers also found that1. Data based illustrated that depression evidence base is significantly larger than anxiety disorder
2. Yoga was considered as levels 3 line of treatment of patients with panic and anxiety disorder due to the quality of available evidence.
Taking all together, there is no doubt that yoga may be considered as an adjunct exercise combined with standard therapy for the treatment of panic and anxiety disorder.
For More information on yoga lessons tailor to a complete well being for women, please visit: YOGA BURN
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Reducing the symptomatology of panic disorder: the effects of a yoga program alone and in combination with cognitive-behavioral therapy by Vorkapic CF1, Rangé B2.(PubMed)
(2) Quality of life in panic disorder: looking beyond symptom remission by Davidoff J1, Christensen S, Khalili DN, Nguyen J, IsHak WW.(PubMed)
(3) Complementary and alternative therapies as add-on to pharmacotherapy for mood and anxiety disorders: a systematic review by Ravindran AV1, da Silva TL.(PubMed)
(4) The role of glutamate and gamma-aminobutyric acid in fear extinction: clinical implications for exposure therapy, by Davis M1, Myers KM.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Over 1300 Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne