Cancer is a class of diseases characterized by cell growth irregularly in the tissue of specific organs. At the advanced stage, the most malignant cancer cell can travel a distance away to infect other healthy tissues and organs, leading to secondary metastasis through blood and fluids circulation.
Conventionally, chemotherapy depending on the types of drugs may induce side effects of
* Fatigue is a result of a chemo drug that kills cells discriminatorily.
* Hair loss is a result of a chemo drug that damages the hair follicles.
* Easy bruising and bleeding and infection are the results of reduced function of coagulation and weakened the immune system.
* Anemia (low red blood cell counts) is caused by the killing of the red blood cells.
* Nausea and vomiting and appetite changes are some general symptoms of chemo drugs. Delayed nausea and vomiting most commonly starts more than 24 hours after chemo and up to 5 to 7 days after treatment
* Constipation is the effects of chemo drug on the digestive system.
Treatment of side effects is completely depending on the symptoms.
Turmeric is a perennial plant in the genus Curcuma, belonging to the family Zingiberaceae, native to tropical South Asia.
The herb has been used in traditional medicine as anti-oxidant, hypoglycemic, colorant, antiseptic, wound healing agent, and for the treatment of flatulence, bloating, and appetite loss, ulcers, eczema, inflammations, etc.
With an aim to find a potential ingredient for the treatment of cancer, researchers examined the nanoemulsion developed as an advanced form for improving the delivery of turmeric extract-loaded nanoemulsion powder-10.6 (TE-NEP-10.6, high content of artificial surfactant Tween 80), which forms the optimal nanoemulsion, and the TE-NEP-8.6 made by increasing the content of natural emulsifier (lecithin) on reducing risk chemotoxicity.
In cultured NIH3T3, H9C2, HepG2, hCPC, and hEPC, nanoemulsion treatment exerted no significant difference in cell viability in all tested cell lines.
Both nanoemulsion treatments showed no toxicity at an experimental concentration of less than 1 mg/mL.
However, the cell survival rate of all tested primary cultured cells decreased in a concentration-dependent manner.
In other words, both nanoemulsion powder-10.6 and TE-NEP-8.6 inhibited the cancer cells grow without affecting chemotoxicity.
Additionally, according to the results of a joint study led by The New College (Autonomous), phyto-synthesis of silver nanoparticles (AgNPs) including aqueous garlic, green tea, and turmeric extracts not only showed significant antioxidant activity against the DNA alternation in the initiation of cancer but also enhanced the cytotoxicity activity against four cancer cell lines such as human breast adenocarcinoma (MCF-7), cervical (HeLa), epithelioma (Hep-2) and lung (A549) along with one normal human dermal fibroblasts (NHDF) cell line.
Based on the findings, researchers said, "The AgNPs synthesized using turmeric extract exhibits excellent antioxidant and cytotoxicity activity compared to that synthesized using other extracts".
Taken altogether, turmeric processed abundantly bioactive compound curcumin may be considered supplements for the prevention and treatment of cancer, pending to the confirmation of the larger sample size and multicenter human study.
Intake of turmeric in the form of supplement should be taken with extreme care to prevent overdose acute liver toxicity.
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Cytotoxicity Evaluation of Turmeric Extract Incorporated Oil-in-Water Nanoemulsion by Yoon HJ1, Zhang X2, Kang MG3, Kim GJ4, Shin SY5, Baek SH6, Lee BN7, Hong SJ8, Kim JT9, Hong K10, Bae H. (PubMed)
(2) Garlic, green tea and turmeric extracts-mediated green synthesis of silver nanoparticles: Phytochemical, antioxidant and in vitro cytotoxicity studies by Arumai Selvan D1, Mahendiran D1, Senthil Kumar R2, Kalilur Rahiman A. (PubMed)