Yoga intervention may be used as an integrated form of exercise in reduced symptoms and treatment in patients of osteoarthritis, the renowned study suggested.
Osteoarthritis (OA), a form of arthritis, is a condition of aging causes of wear and tear on a joint, affecting over 25 million people in the United States.
Yoga, the ancient technique practice for harmonized external and internal body well being, through breath control, meditation, bodily movement, and gesture..... has been well known for people in the Western world and some parts in Asia due to health benefits reported by various respectable institutes' research and supported by health advocates.
In a study of a total of 36 participants (mean age 72 years) randomly assigned to 8-week yoga program involving group and home-based sessions or wait-list control, researchers filed the following results in compared to control
1. At 8 weeks of the class, yoga participants expressed a significant improvement of pain (adjusted PPB (repeated chair stands)
2. According to the McMaster Universities Osteoarthritis Index, from 4 to 20 weeks, the yoga group showed a reduced total score of pain but improved physical function.
3. The yoga group also experienced improved sleep disturbance
4. There was a change in BMI and QOL in the group.
After taking into account of other risk factors, Dr. Cheung C, the led author said, " A weekly yoga program with home practice is feasible, acceptable, and safe for older women with knee OA, and shows therapeutic benefits".
Other, in the study of measured pain and physical and psychological functioning effects in patients randomly assigned either to yoga intervention group or attention control group, researchers found that yoga intervention expressed a greater improvement in depression and quality of life in the yoga group in compared to control group.
Explicitly, in support to the above studies, the community-dwelling older adults (N = 131) randomly assigned to chair yoga (n = 66) or HEP (n = 65)(Thirteen dropped after assignment but prior to the intervention; six dropped during the intervention; 106 of 112 completed at least 12 of 16 sessions) , during 8 weeks of yoga class, measurement of pain, pain interference; secondary: balance, gait speed, fatigue, functional ability in compared to baseline, researchers indicated that
1. Yoga group demonstrated a significant improvement in pain interference during the intervention
2. The yoga group also experienced greater reduced pain and fatigue, improved gait speed during the intervention
3. There was no significant improvement sustained post-intervention, particularly in balance.
Dr. Park J, the led author said, " An 8-week chair yoga program was associated with a reduction in pain, pain interference, and fatigue, and improvement in gait speed, but only the effects on pain interference were sustained 3 months post-intervention".
The information collected expressed a substantiated yoga therapy in reduced symptoms of osteoarthritis in an 8 weeks study without mentioning the long term effects.
Taking together, Yoga therapy may have a strong effect on reduced symptoms and management in patients with osteoarthritis, but a long term and large sample cohost study are needed to confirm this validation.
For More information on yoga lessons tailor to a complete well being for women, please visit: YOGA BURN
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Yoga for managing knee osteoarthritis in older women: a pilot randomized controlled trial by Cheung C1, Wyman JF, Resnick B, Savik K.(PubMed)
(2) The effect of Sit 'n' Fit Chair Yoga among community-dwelling older adults with osteoarthritis by Park J1, McCaffrey R, Newman D, Cheung C, Hagen D.(PubMed)
(3) A Pilot Randomized Controlled Trial of the Effects of Chair Yoga on Pain and Physical Function Among Community-Dwelling Older Adults With Lower Extremity Osteoarthritis by Park J1, McCaffrey R2, Newman D3, Liehr P3, Ouslander JG4.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne