The eyes are a complex optical system that allows us to see by reacting to light.
There are many factors that can cause eye problems that disturb the vision inclduing
* Severe, sudden eye pain
* Recurrent pain in or around the eye
* Persistent eye itching, burning, or a heavy discharge in the eyes
* Sudden change in vision
* Unusual, even painful, sensitivity to light or glare
* Swollen, and red eyes
Eye diseases may induce symptoms of hazy, blurred, or double vision, seeing flashes of light or sudden bright floating spots, seeing rainbows or halos around lights, severe onset of floaters.
If you have one or more aforementioned symptoms, please check with your doctor to rule out the possibility of glaucoma, macular degeneration,...
Eye health is the process to keep the eye health regardless of problems. The Canadian Association of Optometrists suggested that you can improve your eye health with these 7 tips
* Always keep a distance at least 5-times of the width of the TV
* Taking vision health foods in your diet daily
* Regular eye exams
* Quit smoking
* Take a break from your computer ( 20 seconds for 20 minutes of computer works)
* Wear your protective glass if needed
* See your optometrists immediately if you suddenly have eye irritation from allergies, inflammation, infection or injury,
Carotenoids are a class of mainly yellow, orange, or red fat-soluble pigments, including lycopene and carotene, found abundantly in ripe tomato, pumpkins, carrots, corn, and daffodils.
Dr. El-Sayed M. Abdel-Aal, the lead scientist in the examine the health effects of eye health stated
* The efficacy of carotenoids in the improvement and enhancement of eye health was attributed to its bioactive compounds lutein and zeaxanthin, the yellow or orange color found in various common foods such as cantaloupe, pasta, corn, carrots, orange/yellow peppers, fish, salmon, and eggs.
* Lutein and zeaxanthin are important dietary carotenoids in preventing and reducing cataracts and AMD, according to the studies.
* Dietary carotenoids have been found to protect the eyes against the incidences of cataract.
* Carotenoids protect the vision in the older population caused by aging eyes.
* The phytochemicals inhibited the ultraviolet light (up to around 380 nm) and blue light (400–500 nm high energy) that have been found to induce eye damage and vision problems.
* Intake of carotenoids regularly prevents the vision oxidative stress, leading to the alternation of eye cells.
* Furthermore, the chemical compound also prevent free radical in the induction of lipid peroxidation polyunsaturated fatty acids associated with vision damage, particularly in AMD.
Moreover, in the population with AMD, the doctor also found that carotenoids protect the macular pigment density (MPD), macular pigment optical density (MPOD) and macular pigment (MP) against the onset of AMD.
Based on the findings, Dr. El-Sayed M. Abdel-Aal, the lead scientist wrote, "Global researchers have identified lack of lutein and zeaxanthin as dietary causes in cataract and AMD related blindness".
And, "More research looking into the development of high-xanthophyll functional foods is essential in order to develop dietary strategies for the management of cataract and AMD in particular for elderly people".
Taken altogether, carotenoids process a higher amount of lutein and zeaxanthin may be considered a remedy for the protection of eye health, pending to the confirmation of the larger sample size and multicenter human study.
Intake of carotenoids in the form of supplements should be taken with extreme care to prevent overdose acute liver toxicity.
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Dietary Sources of Lutein and Zeaxanthin Carotenoids and Their Role in Eye Health by El-Sayed M. Abdel-Aal,1,* Humayoun Akhtar,1 Khalid Zaheer,2 and Rashida Ali. (PMC)
(2) Seven Tips for Good Eye Health by The Canadian Association of Optometrists
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Over 1300 Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne