The finding of whole food medication by renowned scientists all over the world to replace the single ingredient of Western medicine with little or no side effect has been difficult due to no commercial benefit and patent right to producers.
Garbanzo bean also known as chickpea is an edible legume of genus Cicer and the family Fabaceae, high in protein and minerals. It is one of the earliest cultivated vegetables, native to the Middle East.
With Nutrients of
2. Dietary fiber
5. Vitamin A
6. Thiamine (Vitamin B1)
7. Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
8. Niacin (Vitamin B3)
9. Pantothenic acid (B5)
10. Vitamin B6
11. Folate (Vitamin B9)
12. Vitamin C
13. Vitamin E
14. Vitamin K
Chickpea with abundant bioactive compounds may be used along with the relevant antioxidant capacities as an antifungal whole food, through the expression of defense-related enzymes like l-phenylalanine ammonia-lyase, peroxidase and polyphenol oxidase(1).
According to the study by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, in the emergence of epidemic fungal pathogenic resistance to current antifungal drugs, showed that C-25 found in Garbanzo beans(Chickpea) not only process an effective antimycotic but also is an antiproliferative agent against human oral cancer cells(2).
In support of the above, chickpea is found to exhibit inhibitory activity against Aspergillus flavus in a study conducted by the South China Normal University(3).
Cicerfuran, 2-(2-methoxy-4,5-methylenedioxyphenyl)-6-hydroxybenzofuran, is an antifungal phytoalexin and Cicerfuran showed antimicrobial activity with MICs as low as 25microg/ml against Bacillus subtilis and Pseudomonas syringae, and four species of filamentous fungi, Aspergillus niger, Botrytis cinerea, Cladosporium herbarum and Monilinia aucupariae(4).
Another antioxidant such as Cicerarin(5), Cicerin(6) and arietin(6) may also be considered as
novel chickpea peptides with different antifungal potencies.
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Development of Mesorhizobium ciceri-Based Biofilms and Analyses of Their Antifungal and Plant Growth Promoting Activity in Chickpea Challenged by Fusarium Wilt. by Das K1, Rajawat MVS1, Saxena AK1,2, Prasanna R1.(PubMed)
(2) Antifungal and antiproliferative protein from Cicer arietinum: a bioactive compound against emerging pathogens by Kumar S1, Kapoor V2, Gill K1, Singh K1, Xess I3, Das SN2, Dey S1(PubMed)
(3) Some 2S albumin from peanut seeds exhibits inhibitory activity against Aspergillus flavus by Duan XH1, Jiang R, Wen YJ, Bin JH.(PubMed)
(4) Antibacterial and antifungal activity of cicerfuran and related 2-arylbenzofurans and stilbenes by Aslam SN1, Stevenson PC, Kokubun T, Hall DR.(PubMed)
(5) Cicerarin, a novel antifungal peptide from the green chickpea byChu KT1, Liu KH, Ng TB.(PubMed)
(6) Cicerin and arietin, novel chickpea peptides with different antifungal potencies by Ye XY1, Ng TB, Rao PF.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Over 1300 Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne