Kidney beans (Phaseolus vulgaris) prolonged administration has shown to reduce sugar blood levels of test subjects, a renowned institute study suggested.
Kidney bean is popular because of its kidney shape, strong flavor and color of reddish-brown in nature, It is often an excellent dietary selection with no cholesterol, but a good source of protein and minerals.
According to the University of Extremadura, oral administration of alpha-amylase isolated and purified from an extract of white kidney beans (Phaseolus vulgaris) at 50 mg/kg body weight to adult Wistar rats, ameliorated the increase in glycemia over the basal value, without modifying the insulin response.
Hyperglycemia is a condition of abnormally high levels of blood sugar, affecting people with type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes, as well as pregnant women with gestational diabetes.
Dr. Tormo MA, the lead author said, "(The extract expressed) significant anorexigenic(appetite suppressant) action of the inhibitor; there was reduced food intake...., a reduced weight gain,...., as well as changes in the activity of some intestinal enzymes".
In fact, the extracts of kidney beans ( Phaseolus vulgaris ) reduced glycemia as in studies of rodents and humans may be attributed to the direct interference with the central mechanism(s) in regulating appetite, food intake, and food palatability, inhibited enzymes response to the process of starch digestion and hunger.
In genetically obese Zucker fa/fa rats, dry extract administered daily, at doses of 50 and 500 mg/kg, in three 5 days treatment periods followed by three 20 days off-treatment periods, decreased in daily food intake and body weight and suppressed glycemia in both treatment phases.
The investigation of clinical use of the combination of P. vulgaris and C. scolymus extracts also supported the hypoglycaemic effects of kidney bean as a successful example of translational research in the pharmaceutical-grade and standardized nutrient field.
With the collected information, kidney bean no doubt has processed a clinical value with the potential of becoming a standard medicine for treatment in controlling and management of hyperglycemia in obese and overweight patients.
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(1) Hypoglycaemic and anorexigenic activities of an alpha-amylase inhibitor from white kidney beans (Phaseolus vulgaris) in Wistar rats by Tormo MA1, Gil-Exojo I, Romero de Tejada A, Campillo JE.(PubMed)
(2) Reducing effect of a Phaseolus vulgaris dry extract on food intake, body weight, and glycemia in rats by Fantini N1, Cabras C, Lobina C, Colombo G, Gessa GL, Riva A, Donzelli F, Morazzoni P, Bombardelli E, Carai MA.(PubMed)
(3) Multiple cycles of repeated treatments with a Phaseolus vulgaris dry extract reduce food intake and body weight in obese rats by Carai MA1, Fantini N, Loi B, Colombo G, Gessa GL, Riva A, Bombardelli E, Morazzoni P.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Over 1300 Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne