Whole food(herbal medicine), linking health benefits in the prevention, management, and treatment of diseases has played an important role in human history over many centuries. The finding of whole food medication by renowned scientists all over the world to replace the single ingredient of Western medicine with little or no side effect has been difficult due to no commercial benefit and pattern right to producers.
Garbanzo bean also is known as chickpea is an edible legume of genus Cicer and the family Fabaceae, high in protein and minerals. It is one of the earliest cultivated vegetables, native to the Middle East.
With Nutrients of
2. Dietary fiber
5. Vitamin A
6. Thiamine (Vitamin B1)
7. Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
8. Niacin (Vitamin B3)
9. Pantothenic acid (B5)
10. Vitamin B6
11. Folate (Vitamin B9)
12. Vitamin C
13. Vitamin E
14. Vitamin K
Chickpea with abundant bioactive phenolic compounds along with the relevant antioxidant capacities may be considered as a functional ingredient of antioxidants for their beneficial health effects, according to the study of the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (UAM)(1).
Gallic acid, one of the major ingredient of Phenolic profile and a phytochemical found abundantly in tea, mango, strawberries, rhubarb, soy, etc. has found to process bioactive phenolic compounds in radical scavenging effects against DPPH, nitric oxide (NO) and superoxide (SO) radicals as well as inhibiting certain types of cancers(2).
Ferulic acid, another Phenolic profile found abundantly in chickpea, cinnamon, aloe, flaxseed hull, etc. has also found to consist strong antioxidant effect and may be used as potential sources of functional food ingredients(3).
Other in ingredients of the Phenolic profile such as Quercetin(9)(10), Catechin(6)(7), Resveratrol(8)(9),.... also found to process strong antioxidant effects in free radical scavenging as well as protection against the development of many types of cancer.
In fact, sodium selenite and germination on the sprouting of chickpeas (Cicer arietinum L.) may increase the antioxidant capacities of high Se content (2.14 μg/g dry weight) and a moderate-high content of isoflavones (601.56 μg biochanin A/g dry weight and 578.11 μg formononetin/g dry weight). According to the Taishan Medical University, Se-enriched chickpea sprouts may serve as a convenient dietary source of Se and of isoflavones, including formononetin and biochanin A(4).
In support of the above, in a study of sodium metavanadate and germination on the sprouting of chickpeas, researchers at the same university said, " The addition of sodium metavanadate significantly increased V content in CS in a dose-dependent manner. The highest V content (1.52 mg/g) in CS was observed when germination was carried out in the NaVO(3) solution with 1,200 mg/L NaVO(3) concentration. Chickpea seeds germinated in 50 ∼200 mg/L NaVO(3) solutions for 6 days at 28 °C showed a higher germination rate (>99%%) and a higher content of isoflavones including formononetin and biochanin A than those obtained in NaVO(3) solutions with other concentration in the same germination conditions."(5).
Taking all together, intake of one portion of chickpea may reduce the risk of free radical causes of diseases, such as chronic inflammatory diseases, cancers..... For more information, please visit antioxidant research and studies at https://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/blog-page_24.html
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Phenolic profile and antioxidant capacity of chickpeas (Cicer arietinum L.) as affected by a dehydration process by Aguilera Y1, Dueñas M, Estrella I, Hernández T, Benitez V, Esteban RM, Martín-Cabrejas MA.(PubMed)
(2) Cytotoxic and antioxidative activities of Plantago lagopus L. and characterization of its bioactivecompounds by Harput US1, Genc Y, Saracoglu I.(PubMed)
(3) Qualitative and quantitative analysis of the major phenolic compounds as antioxidants in barley and flaxseed hulls using HPLC/MS/MS by Hao M1, Beta T.(PubMed)
(4) Effects of sodium selenite and germination on the sprouting of chickpeas (Cicer arietinum L.) and its content of selenium, formononetin and biochanin A in the sprouts by Zhang L1, Li Q, Yang X, Xia Z.(PubMed)
(5) Effects of sodium metavanadate and germination on the sprouting of chickpeas and its content of vanadium, formononetin and biochanin A in the sprouts by Zhang L1, Mao X, Xia Z.(PubMed)
(6) Phenolic profile of edible honeysuckle berries (genus lonicera) and their biological effects by Jurikova T1, Rop O, Mlcek J, Sochor J, Balla S, Szekeres L, Hegedusova A, Hubalek J, Adam V, Kizek R.(PubMed)
(7) Green tea catechin intervention of reactive oxygen species-mediated ERK pathway activation and chronically induced breast cell carcinogenesis by Rathore K1, Choudhary S, Odoi A, Wang HC.(PubMed)
(8) Fighting cancer with red wine? Molecular mechanisms of resveratrol.by Kraft TE1, Parisotto D, Schempp C, Efferth T.(PubMed)
(9) Effect of antioxidants resveratrol and quercetin on in vitro evaluation of frozen ram sperm by Silva EC1, Cajueiro JF, Silva SV, Soares PC, Guerra MM.(PubMed)
(10) Effects of low dose quercetin: cancer cell-specific inhibition of cell cycle progression byJeong JH1, An JY, Kwon YT, Rhee JG, Lee YJ.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Over 1300 Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne