Intake of kidney bean in different varieties may reduce risk and enhance treatment of inflammatory diseases, including colitis, a recent study suggested.
Kidney beans with kidney shape, strong flavor, and color of reddish-brown in nature are often the excellent dietary selection with no cholesterol, but a good source of protein and minerals.
According to the University of Guelph, mice fed with red and white kidney bean display significantly anti-inflammatory effects in colitis induced by dextran sodium sulfate (DSS) exposure.
The result of anti colitis activity is attributed to the potency in reduced colon tissue protein levels through ameliorated disease severity and proinflammatory mediator expression, protected further colonic damage,.....
In biochemical approaches including reporter gene assays, immunoprecipitation, kinase assays, and immunoblot analyses, ethanol extract (Pa-EE) of Phaseolus angularis was found to exert anti-inflammatory effects by suppressing the release of Prostaglandin E2 (PGE(2)) and NO in Lipopolysaccharide,..........in the activation of infection and inflammation.
Furthermore, the phaseolus angularis ethanol extract (Pa-EE) strongly reduced the function of lipopolysaccharide in induced the mRNA expression of the formation of enzymes in response to cytokines and in the production of prostaglandins involved activation of the infectious and inflammatory immune response.
Orally administered Pa-EE clearly decreases the ratio of ethanol/hydrogen chloride(EtOH/HCl)-induced gastritis in mice, through the protection of gastric surface tissues against further damage.
In fact, the study in differentiating the efficacy of bean hull antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities, insisted, "Anti-inflammatory activity of bean hulls was dependent on their phenolic content and antioxidant activity that was significantly affected by cultivar and extracting solvent".
Taking together, Kidney beans (Phaseolus) and their family may be used as therapeutic functional foods in improved immunomodulatory activity against inflammatory diseases.
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
FOOD HACK for Weight Loss
A Simple Cooking Technique That Cuts The Calories & Glycemic
Impact In Rice, Pasta, And Potatoes In Half
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(1) White and dark kidney beans reduce colonic mucosal damage and inflammation in response to dextran sodium sulfate by Monk JM1, Zhang CP1, Wu W2, Zarepoor L1, Lu JT1, Liu R2, Pauls KP3, Wood GA4, Tsao R2, Robinson LE5, Power KA6.(PubMed)
(2) Anti-inflammatory activity of ethanol extract derived from Phaseolus angularis beans by Yu T1, Ahn HM, Shen T, Yoon K, Jang HJ, Lee YJ, Yang HM, Kim JH, Kim C, Han MH, Cha SH, Kim TW, Kim SY, Lee J, Cho JY.(PubMed)
(3) Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities of bean ( Phaseolus vulgaris L.) hulls by Oomah BD1, Corbé A, Balasubramanian P.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Over 1300 Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne