Intake of kidney bean may lower risk and treatment of hyperlipidemia, a study by respectable institution suggested
Kidney bean is popular food, with kidney shape, strong flavor and color in reddish-brown in nature used often as an excellent dietary selection because of enormous health benefits with a good source of protein and minerals.
Hyperlipidemia is a condition of abnormally high levels of cholesterol in the bloodstream.
According to the Universidade Federal de Viçosa, in the study of the effectiveness of kidney bean against high blood cholesterol of five groups of 8 male rats, Wistar strain, initial body weight of 200 g were kept at 25 degrees in a light-dark cycle of 12 h, for 28 days, group received red (RB) beans, showed a 12% reduction of blood cholesterol in comparison to other groups.
Dr. Rosa CO, the lead author said, "the reduction of cholesterol in the blood is followed by its( lipid deposition) retention in the rat livers".
Additionally, in a randomly assigned to one of the four experimental groups of hypercholesterolaemic pigs fed on a Western-type diet and 300 g baked beans/kg , group fed with baked beans showed a significant reduction of blood cholesterol in compared with the control (without baked beans).
The study also expressed a significantly reduced level of low-density-lipoprotein-cholesterol by 48% without affecting high-density-lipoprotein-cholesterol and triacylglycerol contents.
More importantly, researchers in the study also wrote, "supplements of 200 and 300 g baked beans/kg promoted a significant (P < 0.05) reduction of about 50% in cholesterol deposition in the liver, compared with the control".
In fact, the study on steroid metabolism of hypercholesterolaemic pigs also showed support of the efficacy of bake bean in lower blood cholesterol through inhibition of hepatic cholesterol synthesis and reduced plasma cholesterol.
With all the above information, there is no doubt that kidney bean and baked kidney bean can be used as a functional food for reduced high blood cholesterol, but human trials are necessary to confirm the validation.
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(1) [The cholesterol-lowering effect of black, carioquinha and red beans (Phaseolus vulgaris, L.) in hypercholesterolemic rats].[Article in Portuguese]by Rosa CO1, Costa NM, Nunes RM, Leal PF.(PubMed)
(2) The effect of graded inclusion of baked beans (Phaseolus vulgaris) on plasma and liver lipids in hypercholesterolaemic pigs given a Western-type diet by Costa NM1, Walker AF, Low AG.(PubMed)
(3) Effect of baked beans (Phaseolus vulgaris) on steroid metabolism and non-starch polysaccharide output of hypercholesterolaemic pigs with or without an ileo-rectal anastomosis by Costa NM1, Low AG, Walker AF, Owen RW, Englyst HN.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Over 1300 Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne